Bryan E. McEachern, Partner
I am a life-long resident of southeast Texas, a 1995 graduate of Port Neches-Groves High School, and a 1999 graduate of Lamar University - Beaumont. I am married to Tara Wolfe McEachern and we have five children.
After a half-decade in private practice in southeast Texas, I was honored to serve the next four and one-half years as an Assistant Attorney General for the Texas Child Support Division in their Woodville and Nederland offices.
I returned to private practice in December of 2013, to focus primarily in the legal area of family law: divorces, child custody, adoptions, child support, etc. serving Jefferson County, Texas and surrounding counties.
In August of 2022, I accepted an invitation to join the well-established firm, Wells, Peyton, Partain, Baldo & Lighty, L.L.P. in Beaumont.
My mission is for clients to trust me with their legal issues by offering them competent legal advice, just like I would seek if I were in their shoes seeking guidance with a legal issue. I want to change the way people think about attorneys. I'm not just interested in obtaining clients for the present, I seek to earn clients' trust and respect so they return to me in the future for all their future legal issues. I don't want my clients to have any regrets or reservations concerning their case. I will counsel my clients on their available options and possible outcomes so that clients can make an informed decision on how to proceed on their cases. Sometimes the client's decision on a case will not be the most profitable to me, but being a true professional involves the ability to put the client's interest above my own.
- Family Law / Domestic Relations / Divorce 100%
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2003
- Honors: Dean's List
- Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas
- B.A. - 1999
- Major: French / Criminal Justice / Political Science
- Jefferson County Bar Association, Member, 2004 to Present
- Jefferson County Family Lawyers Association, Member, 2014 to Present
- Texas Association of Family Defense Attorneys, Member, 2020 to Present
- Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2005
- Bryan E. McEachern, P.C., Managing Attorney, 2013 to 2022
- Office of the Texas Attorney General, Assistant Attorney General, 2009 to 2013
- Beggs * McEachern, Attorney, 2004 to 2009
- Judith Brokaw and Associates, Associate Attorney, 2002 to 2004
Current Employment Position