Representing Schools, School Boards And Administrators
From law offices in Beaumont, our firm provides a wide range of clients in the school arena with the legal counsel and advocacy they require to prevent and resolve conflicts. We assist school administrators in compiling information to distribute to the public about school policies and regulatory compliance.
Public and private schools and their leaders must navigate a vast array of local, state and federal laws. They also face legal challenges from time to time in the form of lawsuits brought by students and their parents, mandates and reprimands from government agencies, and others.
Compliance And Challenges
A large body of laws at various levels of government are designed to protect students, employees and the public at large. They cover a great variety of issues involving these and other common concerns:
- Class size
- Suspensions and expulsions
- Grade or placement disputes
- Teachers and administrators
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Administrator contracts
- Texas AFT relations
- Academic issues
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) measurements
- Civil rights and human rights
- Special education
- Individual educational plans (IEPs)
- Least restrictive environment (LRE)
- Infrastructure: facilities, transportation and more
- Buildings and buses
- Laboratories, pools, gymnasiums, stadiums and other special areas
- Premises liability claims and lawsuits
- Crosswalks, parking lots and related matters
- Cafeterias and meal programs
- Nurses and health-related services on premises
- Competitive sports
- After-school programs, early childhood education and adult education programs
The Law; Our Law Firm
Both public and private schools, along with their boards and administrators, have certain unique responsibilities mandated by the law that other businesses and nonprofit organizations need not adhere to. It is important for school boards and administrators to understand the law.
Wells, Peyton, Greenberg & Hunt, L.L.P., can help protect your school and your rights as a teacher, principal, school board member or superintendent. We aim to ensure that you understand the law to the fullest to avoid legal troubles such as penalties and lawsuits. Call us today to schedule an appointment to talk about how our school law attorneys can help you proactively or in response to challenges.
We Are Here To Help You
Our lawyers are dedicated to helping you and your school or school district address concerns, respond to challenges and stay ready to meet requirements. Once you have decided to work with our law firm, we pledge to stay ready to provide you the answers and advice that you need, whether for a specific matter or generally. Our firm has represented school districts for more than 50 years.