A Long Legacy Of Quality Representation
As one of the oldest and most respected law firms in southeast Texas, Wells Peyton Partain Baldo & Lighty, LLP, has successfully met the demands and changing legal needs of its clients for more than 60 years. Few firms can match the experience and expertise of Wells Peyton.
Founded in 1958 by a tax and estate planning expert, Peter Wells, the firm has grown to one that now provides broad-based representation in virtually all areas of civil law.
Read about our attorneys’ credentials and experience below:
Nicholas S. Baldo
Michael K. Rose
Rick W. Thamm
Matthew F. Lighty
Comprehensive Civil And Commercial Services
Our firm provides a full range of services in the following areas:
- Personal injury defense: representing businesses in products liability, premises liability and other injury cases
- Business law: commercial litigation, corporate law, contracts and commercial transactions, including business sales and mergers
- Estate planning and probate: will and trust formation, probate litigation, will contests and tax planning
- Labor and employment: employee benefits, labor law compliance and employment disputes
- Family law: divorce, family mediation and child custody issues
- Collections and lender liability
Wells Peyton Partain Baldo & Lighty, LLP, consists of skilled litigators. The firm’s attorneys know how to build effective trial strategies for cases involving business disputes, administrative law, estates, insurance, employment and personal injury. In addition to its tax, estate planning and probate practice, the firm has an extensive corporate and real estate practice, providing a broad-based representation of governmental and business entities and individuals.
Providing Unique, Case-Specific Legal Insight
Our experienced lawyers frequently resolve cases involving special industries and subjects, such as:
- Oil and gas
- Real estate
- Education and schools
- Banking and finance
- Environmental law and toxic torts
For more than six decades, Wells Peyton Partain Baldo & Lighty, LLP, has provided a high level of professional expertise to address the unique legal needs of each client. It is the mission of Wells Peyton to deliver effective, efficient and ethical representation. The mission is achieved by assigning each matter to an attorney with the precise skills and experience to meet the needs of the client.