Protecting The Interests Of Insurers And Their Policyholders
Companies of all sizes and their insurers, as well as individuals and their attorneys, often turn to Wells, Peyton, Greenberg & Hunt, L.L.P., in Beaumont and throughout Southeast Texas for defense in civil damage claims and lawsuits. Our insurance defense practice encompasses a range of factual scenarios that have triggered civil actions, requiring:
- Personal injury defense
- Property damage defense
- Product liability defense
- Toxic tort defense
The defendant in a civil matter normally turns to its insurer for protection when facing claims and lawsuits because of injuries, natural disasters, violence, financial losses, and chemical exposure injuries and losses. These are examples but are not the only situations that may put our clients on the defense.
As in all areas of our law practice, our attorneys waste no time in zeroing in on our clients’ vulnerabilities and identifying promising defense strategies. The ultimate goal in an insurance defense matter is to protect the insurer’s and the insured’s assets and interests. We are diligent and transparent regarding the work we need to do to succeed in an insurance defense case.
Ways Of Defending Insurers And Insureds
Every case is unique, but our insurance defense portfolio has included successful tactics such as the following:
- Determining whether the type of incident under scrutiny is included in a policy’s coverage
- Examining policies to see whether they are still valid
- Determining whether the business person, automobile, building or other focus of a damage claim is, in fact, covered under a given policy
- Containing cost of defense while at the same time producing and maintaining quality legal work.
- Examining the credibility of expert witnesses used by the plaintiff; identifying the most qualified expert witnesses for the defense
- Skillfully weighing and deciding in a timely manner when to attempt to settle a claim versus when to defend a matter more aggressively
- Taking into account subrogation rights and other special factors
- Developing and implementing a regional or national defense strategy
This sampling of defense strategies is presented here for illustrative purposes and may not match up with the best approach for your defense matter.
Turn To A Trusted Defender In Civil Law
Protect the integrity of your insurance company and its well-calculated coverage exposure. With more than 60 years of experience representing businesses, including insurers, the lawyers of Wells, Peyton, Greenberg & Hunt, L.L.P., have consistently demonstrated the quality of counsel that you seek when stakes are high.